Sarah Morreim Photography

Friday, June 8, 2012

As I busily try to prepare for Miss Minnesota week, I though I'd take some time to blog and update on my life so far.

Yesterday, I was at WJJY radio station in Brainerd to draw the name of one lucky person who won a $10,000 prize for entering their big Payday contest. I didn't get a chance to catch her name, but she is from Aikin, Minnesota so congrats to her on her big win! I think she should split it with me because I drew her name :)

Also yesterday I had an over-the-phone interview with Lori La Bey from Alzheimer's Speaks radio and Rick Phelps, who has championed early Alzheimer's disease. These two were both very fun and interesting to talk to and I want to thank Lori for having me on her show. Below is the link in which you can hear the interview. (You will have to excuse my voice, I caught a cold the other day so I sound a bit funny)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/alzheimersspeaks/2012/06/07/a-teenagers-story-life-with-a-parent-with-dementia

And finally, last night at was at Herberger's in Brainerd for the annual make-up clinic for the Miss Brainerd and Miss Baxter contestants! The make-up artist teach us how to apply make-up and let us try new and bold looks to perfect our onstage make-up. It's always a lot of fun and they give you samples of some make-up to take home :)

Today (as always) has been a busy day running last minute errands and preping for Miss Minnesota week! I'm so excited to be able to spend the entire week with the 22 Miss Minnesota contestants and watch my new sister queen, Miss Minnesota 2012, be crowned! Check-in is on Sunday :) Good luck to you girls as you finish any last minute things!

I will be (trying) to update my blog Miss MN week but no promises :) I will for sure be posting pictures to my Facebook page so make sure to check those out!

Enjoy the weekend!
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment