Sarah Morreim Photography

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Busy Holiday season!

It is very clear that I have not blogged for a while! Here is an update on my life:

On Thursday the 7th, I answered phones at the Radiothon to End Child Abuse at the Westgate Mall in Brainerd. I was only able to stay for a bit but at least got to answer one phone! After twenty-four hours, the Radiothon raised over $60,000, an awesome achievement in an awesome community :)

On Friday the 8th, the Miss Brainerd Lakes and Central Lakes Outstanding Teen pageant had the big Trunk Show Fundraiser with guest speaker Don Baker at the Lodge in Brainerd. This was my local title before I won Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen so this local program holds a special place in my heart. It was so much fun spending time with the contestants, hearing Don Baker speak, and having quality time with my sister queens. The night was a success!


The next day was Christmas Ball at my high school. This is our big Christmas dance and is always held at Cragun's in Brainerd. It's fun to just get dressed up and see everyone else dressed up!

The Sunday after Christmas Ball was dedicated to carefully making our way to Detroit Lakes, Minnesota for my sister queen's send-off party as there was a blizzard. I also performed, and I wouldn't say it was my best performance but let's just say I tried.

Then Heather and I made our monthly appearance at Ruby's Pantry in Brainerd! I just love the people there and the Christian atmosphere.

Siri and I had a fun-filled crazy weekend a couple days ago! On Friday we were at the Southdale Mall ringing the Salvation Army bell for their Celebrity Bell Ringing Event and Saturday we were at the Minnesota Arboretum for their Making Spirits Bright Festival. It was so much being able to enjoy the day frosting cookies and reading books to the kids! Plus the Arboretum is absolutely beautiful this time of year.
They gave us chocolates after ringing the bell :) Siri and I were happy queens!
The below photos are credited to Sarah Morreim Photography









Finals week ended (thankfully) and I am not free to enjoy my break (AND MISS AMERICA!!!). I volunteered at the Sertoma Winter Wonderland in Brainerd at the Arboretum. This is an awesome display of lights but on by the Brainerd Sertoma Club! I highly recommend this for anyone wanting a fun thing to do in the winter (and you don't even have to go outside! It's a drive through light show). Yesterday, I rang the bell at Cub in Baxter for the Salvation Army with Northern Lights Princess, Andi, which is always fun! Andi adds a bit more energy to appearances :)

During this holiday season, my hope is that you enjoy time with family but also keep those in mourning in Connecticut in your prayers. Life isn't always fair sometimes but just remember that there is someone in the world that has is worse than you. Cherish the time you have with family and friends.

Much love,
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment