Sarah Morreim Photography

Friday, January 18, 2013

So many exciting things!

Since it was last year since I have last blogged, there are many things to update all of you on!

On January 6th, I gave up my local title as Miss Brainerd Lakes' Outstanding Teen and crowned two new girls. It was a bitter sweet day but I'm so incredibly proud of the nine girls that competed that night. Each of those girls are so talented! It was an awesome and fun day that ended with two new titleholders... Congrats to the new Miss Brainerd Lakes' Outstanding Teen, Serena, and the new Miss Central Lakes' Outstanding Teen, Lizzy! I know that these ladies will represent the Brainerd community with grace and respect and will do awesome in April competing at Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen. I've so much fun with them already and I can't wait to follow them in their year.

The day after giving up my local title, I flew to Las Vegas for Miss America! This was the first time I had ever been to Vegas and the first time ever being to Miss America so it was quite the experience. Siri, our Miss Minnesota was stunning and her performance was flawless. She didn't walk away as the new Miss America but I'm happy to have her as my sister queen still for the next two and a half months :) We ALL should be so proud of her. Love you, Siri! Thanks for being an awesome sister queen.

This was also a fun week because I got to see my MAOTeen sisters from around the nation! I haven't seen these ladies since August down in Florida when we competed so there where many happy reunions. I'm happy I was able to see my girls again - Kansas, Delaware, and Illinois! Stevie, Morgan, Grace, and myself became good friends while in Orlando competing and it was so great to be reuniting with them once again.

I also had the opportunity to perform on the Miss America stage with my MAOTeen sisters as we performed our fitness wear production number on Wednesdays prelim. Words are not enough to describe the feeling of being on that stage!! All I could think of was the fact that I was standing on the stage that Kirsten Haglund, Katie Stam, Caressa Cameron, Teresa Scanlan, Laura Kaeppeler, and now Mallory Hagan were crowned on. It was so much fun and I soaked every minute of it in.
I'm on the left side :)

On Friday of that week, myself and the rest of the MAOTeen titleholders had a little outing. We first visited the famous Las Vegas sign, then headed to White House-Black Market for some shopping, then to St. Rose CMN Hospital, and finally to the Smith Performing Arts Center for a tour. That night I had dinner with Stevie, Miss Kansas' OT, at the Sugar Factory (which I highly recommend!).


Although the week was fun, I've finally had some time to decompress and get back into the swing of life. I flew back to Minnesota last Sunday and had my first day of school Monday so I've been a very busy girl!

Here's to the final few months of my reign,
Bailey
MMOT 2012

Here are candids from Vegas:











No comments:

Post a Comment