Sarah Morreim Photography

Monday, April 1, 2013

My last week as Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

I can't believe this is my last week as Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen. Titleholders always say that the year goes by so fast and I never truly believed them until now. I don't have an idea where this year went.

The last two weeks have been filled with school and appearances. A couple of Saturdays ago, I volunteered at the Nisswa Elementary School Fools Auction that raises funds for Nisswa Elementary School's art program. I'm a proud Nisswa Elementary alum so it was great to be able to volunteer at this event. Last year, the nigh that I was crowned MMOT 2012 was the same night as this auction. The emcee, Tess, is a good friend of ours and when she heard the news that I had won she announced it at the event. It was great to be there because most of them remembered being there last year and hearing that I had won.

The day after was Serena and Lizzy's sendoff party to MMOT 2013. I was asked to be the emcee for the event! One year ago, I was in the same shoes as they are... it's so weird to think about that!

Last Wednesday, I had a fun day at the water park in Brainerd with Heather (Miss Brainerd Lakes), Lizzy (Central Lakes OT), Serena (Brainerd Lakes OT), and the Miss Brainerd Lakes princesses. The princess program is probably one of the best things that has happened to the Miss America program because young girls, like the Miss Brainerd Lakes princesses, are being introduced to this incredible program at a young age. These princesses are learning what the four points of the Miss America crown really mean... I wish there would have been a princess program when I was younger!


Last Saturday, I once again packaged food at Kids Against Hunger in Nisswa but this time I was with the Miss Nisswa royalty. We packaged over 3,000 meals for children in Haiti! What's great is that this food is served at schools in Haiti, so not only does this food feed children but also encourages them to attend school. School enrollment in Haiti has actually gone UP since organizations like Kids Against Hunger have stepped up to fight hunger.

And today I made my last appearance... I spoke to the Brainerd Kiwanis Club about the MMOT program, Alzheimer's, and about the MMOT scholarship fund. I feel very blessed that organizations like the Kiwanis Club allow me to come in and speak to them. Thank you to those clubs that have donated to the MMOT scholarship fund!

With love,
Bailey Wachholz

No comments:

Post a Comment