Sarah Morreim Photography

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Some realizations..

Since I haven't blogged in a while, I thought I'd post a little something that was one of those "it's-two-in-the-morning-and-I-can't-sleep" realizations.

I know that most of you know my pageant story and how I competed 4 times before winning the Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen title, so I won't go into much detail on that. But what I've realized is that my story is unique and I've learned quite a few things along the way. I wanted to share some of those things for the young women who feel like they will never win a title because they've competed so many times. I've been in your shoes and it's not easy. Not placing is hard, but being a runner up is just as hard knowing that you were so close to winning you could almost taste it.

So here are some word for those needing a little pick-me-up :)

Good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
You're beautiful simply because you embrace your flaws.
Love deeply and forgive quickly.
God doesn't give you anything you can't handle.
Never be content with being average.
Learn to take the good with the bad.
There's always someone out there that has it worse than you.
The higher you are, the harder you fall.
It's okay to not be perfect.
Everything changes you in some way, even the small things.
You only live once so make it count.
Here's to the future, be done with the past.
Always aim to be strong, not skinny.
Sometimes, all it takes is another chance to get things right.
You are perfectly imperfect,
So trust in a higher power.
Surround yourself with positive people.
Life doesn't have a purpose unless you let it.
Change is inevitable.
Nothing is harder to resist that a smile, they're contagious!
Strength is something you choose,
So fight your way through the hurt.
And most importantly,
Life is God's novel... Let Him write it!

There's a reason what you're here and that should be enough to wake up in the morning.
With love,
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment