Sarah Morreim Photography

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Walk to End Alzheimer's, Lion's Club, and Ruby's Pantry

I know it's been almost three weeks since the Walk to End Alzheimer's, but this blog is better late than never right? Life has gotten a bit hectic, so I apologize for how late this is.

On Saturday, September 22nd, the fourth annual Walk to End Alzheimer's took place at the Brainerd Arboretum! My family and I have been involved with this Walk since the beginning and I can tell you that it is one of the most rewarding things I do each year. This year, I was proud to have raised over $1,500 this year, bringing my total money raised to $22,000 in the past four years, something I'm extremely proud of.

The Walk started bright and early Saturday morning, and was a bit chilly. We managed to stay warm by bundling up and sipping on apple cider :) I love fall!

I want to thank my team, Team Wachholz 2012 - you all are awesome for coming out! You know who you are and I hope that you know how grateful I am for your support. Thanks to those who helped me reach my goal - I certainly couldn't have done it without you!!





This Monday night, I attend the Breezy Point/Pequot Lake's Lion's Club meeting to ask for a scholarship donation for the Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen program. My goal is to raise $10,000 by March that will only be used for scholarship funds. If you, your business, your neighbor, or anyone is willing to donate, please contact me at missminnesotasoutstandingteen@gmail.com! Any donation is tax deductible. Thanks!

Today, once again, I  attend Ruby's Pantry in Brainerd - my once-a-month appearance! Today was fun because this was the largest group of people they've had in a long time and I was able to attend with my Mom and two pageant friends. Plus I just love Ruby's so I knew it was going to be a fun day :)

Tomorrow I have my grad pictures (Holy cow - I'm old!!). I'm looking forward to them :)

Best,
Bailey
Miss MN's Outstanding Teen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment