Sarah Morreim Photography

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This past weekend.

I've tried to start this blog many times, and the only thing that I can think of saying is that I love being Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen.

The overwhelming amount of support I have received the past couple of weeks has been incredible and has made me realize how much this title has changed me (in a great way!) in just the four shorts months since my crowning. Four years ago, I never would have imagined myself as Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen gearing up to leave for Miss America's Outstanding Teen. I feel blessed to part of a sisterhood.

Needless to say, after four years of wanting so badly to compete on the Miss America's Outstanding Teen stage, my dream is finally going to come true. This weekend has made that statement actually sink in and I am so excited for Orlando! I'm feeling more ready than ever.

On Friday I made the four hour trip to my Mom's hometown of Ellendale, Minnesota for their big Ellendale Days Celebration. My grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousins all live there and after I was crowned my grandma called me the next day asking if I would be in the Ellendale Days Parade. How can you say no to Grandma? :)

Ellendale is a very small town; the type where everybody knows everybody. I'm known as "Pam's Daughter" whenever I go down there, which is fine with me, but sure makes me laugh.

Although I weather was hot, I was able to ride in yet another Corvette... but blue this time :) Thanks to my family for organizing that!

On Sunday, I had my big sendoff party for MAOT. The day started out a little crazy and stressful, but God worked out all of the kinks and the night ended beautifully. I want to thank everyone that came out to wish me luck and support me in my journey to Orlando. I truly appreciate the love and support I have been given, and I am beyond ready to compete and finally get my chance to represent Minnesota at the national pageant.

When I receive the pictures from the photographer, John Wallin, I will make sure to share them with you. I will be giving you updates (trying to anyway) a lot these next two weeks just to let you know what I'm thinking and how I'm feeling leading up to my departure from Minnesota.

Hope you are having an awesome week!
Until next time,
Bailey
Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen

No comments:

Post a Comment